Course ONLINE: May 12 – June 20
To register for this course, see the Registration Process section below
About the Course
This free, 6 week online course is designed to provide information pertinent to launching, operating and maintaining a travel training program. It addresses issues such as creating job descriptions; hiring, training and supervising travel trainers; developing budgets; and understanding the family of travel training services that are offered throughout the country. Learners will have the opportunity to consider these fundamental administrative issues and take action within their own organizations.
Individuals who may find this course useful are:
- Administrators starting a new travel training program
- Supervisors or managers of new travel training programs
- Supervisors or managers of established programs looking for new ideas
- Supervisors or managers new to the field of travel training
How the course is structured
The course is administered online. There are no scheduled meeting times. Learners may complete this course at their own pace while sharing experiences, ideas and knowledge with colleagues. The course contains reading material, practice exercises, and an opportunity for interaction among course learners and course instructors via an online discussion forum. The course is flexible, allowing busy professionals to log in and work at any hour of the day or night.
This course includes one required module and five optional modules from which the learner can choose. These modules are:
- The Family of Travel Training Services (Required module)
- Module Option 1: Benefits and Cost Calculations
- Module Option 2: Data Collection
- Module Option 3: Funding and Budgets
- Module Option 4: Personnel
- Module Option 5: Vision Statement and Setting Goals
All learners are required to complete the Family of Travel Training Services module and to choose at least one additional module to complete. The time required to complete each module varies based on the topic and homework assignments. It is anticipated that the modules will take from three to twelve hours of concentrated work each to complete.
Learners will have six weeks to complete course materials. Assignments to be considered for course completion are due by the end date of the course. Once learners have officially completed the course, course completion certificates will be awarded for all successfully completed modules.
Learners are expected to study the course materials, complete the exercises and participate in the discussion forum. Course instructors will monitor course work completion, answer questions and participate in the online forum discussion.
Registration ends on May 7.
Registrants will receive information about how to join the course via e-mail on or before the start date of the course (Monday, May 12).
- Internet access
- Approximately 10 hours of concentrated effort over a six week span
- Self motivation
- Completion of required course activities
- Start Date: Monday, May 12
- End Date: Friday, June 20
For more information
Contact the course instructor, Kristi McLaughlin, at FTTA@easterseals.com or 800-659-6428.
Upcoming FTTA Courses
Course ONLINE: TBD
Note: Registration for upcoming courses will begin approximately 6-8 weeks prior to the start date of the course. Check back at that time to register.