August 6, 2014
Registration deadline: August 4, 2014
Who should attend?
Community members, transportation providers, planners, engineers, community and economic development professionals interested in getting involved in improving the wayfinding in their community
- Community decision makers interested in hearing best practices and success stories of wayfinding programs
What will you learn?
How well does your community help you find your way? Are there services you would like to use, like public transit, but find it hard to figure out how to access them? Do you avoid places because the route to those places is difficult to navigate? Or are you a transportation employee wondering where to start to improve access to your transportation hubs and services? This session will teach you about wayfinding and transportation connections, enabling you to help your community leaders make good choices for spending local dollars on signs and strategies to help you and others find the way to places in your community you would like to reach!
This webinar will address:
- What is wayfinding, a wayfinding assessment, checklists and how they work
- How can you take action in your community to improve wayfinding
- Best practices in successful community wayfinding
- Details of a successful wayfinding program in Greenville, South Carolina
- Mary Douglas Hirsch, AICP, Downtown Manager, City of Greenville, South Carolina
- Rebecca Hunter, M.Ed., Research Associate, UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and CDC-Healthy Aging Research Network
Resources for this event will be available for download from this page approximately two days prior to the event.
Event Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Event Time: 2:00–3:30pm EDT | 1:00-2:30pm CDT | 12:00-1:30pm MDT | 11:00am-12:30pm PDT
To ask the presenter questions in advance or for general inquiries about the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Wayfinding” in the subject line.
For More Information
Contact Kristi McLaughlin at email@example.com or 800-659-6428