February 26, 2014
Have you ever wondered how many companions are allowed to ride with a complementary paratransit eligible passenger? Or how much assistance a bus operator is required to provide to a passenger with a disability in boarding the bus? Or how many service animals a person with a disability can bring on a fixed route bus? If you have had these question or other ADA related questions about fixed route and complementary paratransit service, then this session is for you.
In this session, Easter Seals Project ACTION staff will discuss questions frequently received on the ADA with regards to fixed route and complementary paratransit services. A question and answer period will also be held at the end of the session so come prepared with your ADA questions.
Registration for this webinar has already passed.
Who should attend?
- Fixed route and ADA complementary paratransit agency administrators wanting to learn more about their responsibilities under the ADA
- Advocates working together with transit to improve the accessibility and usability of their local system
- Advocates working with fixed route and ADA complementary paratransit passengers on their rights and responsibilities under the ADA
- Fixed route and ADA complementary paratransit passengers interested in knowing their rights and responsibilities under the ADA
What will you learn?
This webinar will address:
- Frequently asked questions on the ADA for fixed route and ADA complementary paratransit received by Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Krystian Boreyko, training and technical assistance specialist, Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Julie Rosekrans, training and technical assistance specialist, Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Donna Smith, director of training, Easter Seals Project ACTION
- Ken Thompson, veterans dialogue and technical assistance coordinator, Easter Seals Project ACTION
Resources for this event will be available for download from this page approximately two days prior to the event.
Event Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Event Time: 2:00–3:30pm EDT | 1:00-2:30pm CDT | 12:00-1:30pm MDT | 11:00am-12:30am PDT
To ask the presenter questions in advance or for general inquiries about the event, please contact us at email@example.com and put “FAQ on the ADA” in the subject line.
For More Information
Contact Krystian Boreyko at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-659-6428.