||Introduction to Travel Training
Start Date: October 29-31, 2013
Applications due: Thursday, September 26, 2013
Applicants will be notified of their selection on or before Friday, September 27. Space is limited
ESPA Hosts Free in-person travel training workshop
Easter Seals Project ACTION will conduct a three-day, in-person workshop to increase the skills, knowledge and abilities of travel training professionals. It is an intensive course with classroom and field instruction. A high trainer-to-participant ratio offers an environment where travel trainers will acquire knowledge in the classroom and directly apply and practice new skills on the street. Enrollment is limited and an application selection process is necessary.
Who should attend?
- Travel trainers new to the profession
- Travel trainers with little contact with colleagues
- Experienced travel trainers interested in refreshing basic skills
What will you learn?
- Introductory skills for travel trainers including:
- Training people with differing skills and abilities
- Writing a task analysis
- Techniques for teaching safe and accurate street crossings
- Variations in travel training programs around the country
- Answers to your questions from travel trainers who are experts in the field
- Travel trainers will receive a toolkit packed with useful resources ready to use when they return to work.
Location: Denver, CO
Event Dates: October 29-31, 2013
Application deadline: Thursday, September 26, 2013
Selection notification: Friday, September 27, 2013
for more information about this event including travel and lodging.
For general inquiries about the event, please contact Krystian Boreyko at ITT@easterseals.com